Self Measuring for your riding boots
How to self measure for Secchiari Riding Boots
Please follow the simple instructions on how to self measure for your boots;
- Position your foot on a blank A4 sheet of paper and with a pen draw around the contour of your feet
- Then draw a line from the tip of your toe to the heel and let us know the length of your feet in cm (this is n. 9 on the above diagram)
- Draw a line on the ball of your foot and let us know the length in cm (like the foot picture above); then repeat on the instep, and heel (like picture above); this is not the circumference of your foot, just draw a line from side to side from the contour of your foot
- Check your leg height (n. 1 on diagram above), always measure with NO shoes from heel up to the crease behind your knee, bend leg like in a jumping position and check height in cm
- Measure below your knee cap, where your boots will sit when on (n. 2 on diagram above) put a tape measurement all around your leg, just below the knee cap on the slimmest point
- Measure your calf on the widest part (n. 3 on diagram above), move the tape up and down a bit to identify the widest point (be careful and always check the tape is straight around your legs)
- Measure your lower calf (n. 4 on diagram above), this will be between your ankle and your calf
- Measure your ankle on the slimmest point (n. 5 on diagram above)
Then measure the circumferences around your feet as shown on diagram above points 6, 7 and 8
Tips for Horse Riding Boot Measuring
- Always double check your measurements, if you do it a couple of times then you will be sure they are correct!
- It is better to have some help by another person, as it can be tricky to do this on your own.
- If you normally wear thick breeches, then measure up with your breeches, if you use thin competition breeches and you'd like boots to be skin tight then we recommend measuring bare legs, please specify to us how you took your measurements
If you need any further help we will be happy to assist you, just fill in the form below and we'll contact you back.